Happy National Fried Chicken Day, everyone!
People all over America are coming together to honor this special occasion and fans of the fried food have taken to Twitter to get the celebration started.
We’re happy to report that “National Fried Chicken Day” is currently the number 1 trending topic on Twitter.
In case you missed the discussion, we have the top 5 tweets regarding the festive event.
Here we go:
1. “It’s national kiss day AND national fried chicken day!!! WOW- today is a good day” - Anne Burrell
2. “Today’s National Fried Chicken Day, or as I like to call it, everyday.” – Sammy
3. “It’s just come to my attention that today is
#NationalFriedChickenDay, if this is an Internet hoax, please don’t wake me from this dream!” – Rick Younger
4. “Like, seriously, if you guys don’t at LEAST grab yourselves a Double Down from KFC, we can’t associate.” – Chelsea Elizabeth
5. “In ‘merica obviously. We could never be so cool in England to have a day dedicated to the colonel!” - Brian Pope
There’s no arguing that Americans L-O-V-E fried chicken. After all, everyone remembers what happened when Popeye’s ran out of fried chicken during one of their promotions, right?
1 failed promotion and 3+ million YouTube hits and here you have it:
Will you be picking up some fried chicken for dinner tonight?