Arthur Dogswell LLC is voluntarily recalling their Catswell Brand VitaKitty Chicken Breast with Flaxseed and Vitamins as it possibly contains propylene glycol. This ingredient has the potential to cause anemia in cats which could lead to serious illness or death. The products recalled are:
- 1051 cartons packaged either 10 or 50 to a case
- Packaged in a re-sealable 2 ounce orange plastic bag
- Titled “VitaKitty Chicken Breast with Flaxseed and Vitamins”
- Lot code: SEW12CH032701/03c with best before of 09/10/13
- Lot code: SEW12CH032702/03c with best before of 09/11/13
Consumers who have purchased this product are urged to return it for a full refund. No illnesses in either humans or animals have been reported to date. Consumers who have questions or concerns may contact Arthur Dogswell at 1.888.559.8833.
Original Press Release: fda.gov